Daily, national and global cat news, info, resources to actively use for cat advocacy and cat management. Cat issues: community cats, homeless cats, abandoned cats, feral cats, stray cats, free-roaming cats, unwanted cats, alley cats, barn cats, street cats, outdoor cats, indoor cats, wild cats, Trap-Neuter-RETURN (TNR), saving cats, cat overpopulation, non-lethal cat control, humane cat control, no-kill, sustainable living, spay/neuter, cat sterilization, cat hoarding, cat nuisance, cat laws.
Friday, August 04, 2006
- Name: ~Barb, AnimalResources
- Location: Oregon, Northwest, Global, United States
~Barb, AnimalResources [ animal resources @ aol . com (close spaces) ] has actually been on Blogger since July 2003 as archives show. Apparently when Google took over in 2007 they did not include earlier dates.
Help End Animal Homelessness and Killing ~ Neuter/Spay and Keep Pets for Life! :: Adopt! Donate! Volunteer!
feral cats news ::
freeroaming cats news ::
Trap Neuter Return news ::
Trap Neuter Release news ::
stray cats news ::
"community cats" news ::
cats indoors news ::
felines news ::
homeless cats news ::
spay neuter news ::
"no kill" news ::
animal shelter news ::
thanks to News.Google.com!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
* State Animal Shelter Statistics
* Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR), Feral Cat, and Cat Management TRAINING AND EVENTS
Comprehensive Cat Management:
* Save Our Strays book by Bob Christiansen, 1998 - website no longer online as of 2012
* No Kill Advocacy Center
* Cat Management in Communities
* Neuter/Spay Assistance and Information ~ Oregon, Washington, Nationwide:
* Early (Pediatric) Spay/Neuter
* Cat Management in Communities > Model Spay/Neuter Programs
HOW TO Trap-Neuter-RETURN-Manage (TNRM):
* Alley Cat Allies (ACA) - click What We Do > Help People Help Cats
* American Cat Project
* Feral_Cats Forum
* Neighborhood Cats NYC - Click How to > Overview
* Feral Cat Caretakers' Coalition - CA
* Drop traps - hard to trap cats
Feral Cat Resources:
* Castaway Critters - PA Click at left Feral Cat Resources, Spay Neuter
* No More Homeless Pets (Best Friends) - Resource Library: Click Feral Cats, Spay/Neuter
* HSUS Feral Cat Resources - Humane Society of the United States
Trap Neuter Return (TNR) Collaboration:
(including wildlife groups)
* New York City Feral Cat Initiative
* Animal Protection League of New Jersey - Project TNR
* Long Island Cat Project/Animal Alliance of Long Island - NY
* Burlington County Feral Cat Initiative - NJ (website offline)
and New Jersey Feral Cat & Wildlife Ordinance & Protocols on Neighborhood Cats
* Project Bay Cat > Toolkit - CA
* Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon and Audubon Society of Portland
Animal Balance-Protecting ALL species
* Cats in the Bag > Find Lost, Missing Cats, Dogs
* Hoarding of Animals Research Consortium (HARC)
* Feline Cancer Resources
* Indoor Cat Initiative, feline enrichment
* Kitten Rescue Kitten Care Handbook
* PetAbuse.com Cruelty Database, select cat
* Shelter Medicine Information Sheets
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
* Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon
* History of Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR)
* Katrina Pets Resources
Weblogs (blogs) [alphabetical]
* Animal Ethics
* Animal Writings
* Carnival of the Cats
[weekly on Sundays 6pm Central]
* Cat Welfare (Singapore)
* Friday Cat Blogging –
do a google.com search!
* Invasive Species
* Shelter Life (Animal Ark Shelter)
* Tipped Ear Clan
* Vox Felina
* Wildrun now The Owl House
Feral Cat Blog! Purpose ~
Accessing, sharing and USING daily news about animal issues:
* Provides opportunity to educate and take action.
* Allows correction of false information and clarification of misunderstandings or misperceptions.
* Informs of challenges or resources in areas, if not already aware.
* Illustrates the common issues faced locally, nationally and globally.
* Helps to support others.
* Supplies valuable data.
* Highlights the need for a comprehensive cat management component that saves cat lives as part of each community's homeless animal management program.
* Gives cause to rejoice as animal lives are saved and progressive, humane, effective, cost-saving programs are practiced.
* So ..... write, call, e-mail, make contact -- and please remember to thank supportive news reporters and editors!
Fair Use: Copyrighted work is posted without profit or payment for nonprofit research & education.
Thank you for citing Feral Cats in the News ~ the Feral Cat Blog! and the original news source(s) when using and sharing this information.
Much appreciation to all those providing a link on their websites!
- Athens Ohio repeals spay/neuter law
- Athens residents save wild neighborhood cats
- Feral Feline Problem in Hot Springs
- Couple pleads guilty to animal cruelty-NJ
- Philadelphia Community Cats Council
- Slater Missouri to review cat ordinances
- Infestation Of Cats An Uphill Battle
- Burlington City considers trap-neuter
- annual dog and cat killing
- cats IN news today